- Interest in parks, public space, ???green??? technology, NYC and its politics, urban design, and the Lower East Side of Manhattan
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Independent and efficient: willing to take on all tasks ??? glamorous and otherwise
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of (4) shifts by the end of 2015
- ???Preferred Citywide Fireguard Certificate of Fitness
- Community Weekends: The Lowline Lab will be open to the general public for free on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Ambassadors on site will:
- Measure traffic
- Collect donations
- Answer questions
- Roam and help supervise the space
- Manage the gift shop
If you're an Ambassador, please email [email protected] with the subject ???Lowline Ambassador???.
The Lowline seeks seasoned educators to implement and facilitate newly developed sets of interactive, comprehensive STEAM-focused curricula over the course of an approximately three-hour class. Each class will require the facilitator to lead an engaging lecture on STEAM principles in context to the Lowline, and facilitate core interactive activities that will result in a physical output from the students that will later be displayed for public viewing. The teaching artists must be able to teach STEAM-specific content while also enabling an interactive learning experience for K-12 student groups at the Lab. Each facilitator will be provided a grade-appropriate comprehensive teaching guide and informal scripts associated with each component of the session.
- Education Masters Degree candidate or graduates with strong interest in science education is required
- Applicants must be able to dedicate 15-20 hours per week September 2015 – February 2016
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and high degree of energy is required
- Interest and knowledge of the Lower East Side is preferred
- Interest and experience in the field of STEAM is preferred
We will hire 4-5 teaching artists for the program. This is a part-time position with hours paid on an hourly basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]??with subject “Part-time Teaching Artist“.
- Extremely polished writer, able to convey both professionalism and emotion in a variety of channels; a brilliant communicator in person
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Social media native; fluent in all things Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and beyond
- Graphic and web design skills and experience (Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, Mailchimp) highly preferred
- – Independent worker willing to take on all tasks???glamorous and otherwise
- Exceptionally organized and disciplined; both thorough and efficient
- Interest in parks, public space, ???green??? technology, New York City and its politics, urban design, and preferably the Lower East Side of Manhattan
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 3+ days per week (full time preferred)
- Top-notch academic credentials and some professional experience preferred
- Community Engagement: Support the execution, optimization, and strategic direction of the Lowline???s community outreach efforts, including Young Designers Program, community events, public talks, and small business initiatives.
- Event Production: Support Lowline events, such as fundraisers, community street fairs, and the Lowline Lab technology exhibit
- Online Content: Help produce and curate online social media content and support digital engagement across other communication channels (i.e. email, website)
- Development: Support donor management systems and conduct donor research
- Operations: Manage internal systems and day-to-day operations as appropriate
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line ???Lowline??Intern???.